Tips when renting holiday Villas in the South of France,
Cote d’Azur, Provence and Languedoc-Rousillion
If you're looking for Holiday Villas with pools to rent in Languedoc, Provence or Cote d’Azur in the south of France - then here are some hints and tips you might find useful:
- It can be very hot here sometimes, even at night. Not all properties have fans but they can be hired from us beforehand if required. Please check with us whether a property has fans or not. It may not be possible to deliver fans to you during your stay due to stock levels so please book early.
- For 2 week bookings, mid stay linen change is generally NOT included but can be requested at an extra cost.
- Bathroom towels are usually provided but not always pool or beach towels so please check this with us if you do not wish to bring your own.
- Opening times for all shops vary tremendously and a 2 or 3 hour break at lunchtime is common. Only a few supermarkets are open on Sundays and this may only be in the morning so make sure your weekend shopping is done before midday on Sunday!
- Aircon, phone lines and mobile signal are not always available at properties, please check details or ask us to confirm.
- If hiring a car, please note that a credit card is ESSENTIAL, no other form of payment is accepted, not even cash. Please also check that the hire car desk will be open when you arrive at your destination airport.
- If travelling to the area on a Saturday in peak season (mid July to mid August), be prepared for heavy traffic and queues on the motorway and other main routes.
- Late arrival at your holiday accommodation, i.e. after 9pm, can be arranged but only by prior agreement.
- If size matters to you, then please ask for approximate dimensions of your holiday accommodation. Some 2 bedroom properties may only be around 50m2 or less.
- Communal swimming pools in France mostly do not allow shorts or bermudas to be worn in the pool. Only swimming trunks are permitted so please remember to bring these with you.
- Electric supply – often the electrical supply in a French property is lower than in the UK an may not be able to support several appliances being used at the same time. Please make sure you know where the electricity board is to reset the trip switches if necessary.
- Satellite TV is available at many of our properties but may be French satellite rather than UK, unless detailed as such. If you require specific channels, please check when booking as English language channels can be restricted.
- Village facilities – most villages have shops and restaurants but some have practically nothing so please check with us if this is not detailed on the property details and you are unsure of what is in the village of the property you have chosen.