Maison Helene - ROU102
Pretty stone-built villa with large peaceful Mediterranean garden, private swimming pool, 2km from the village and shops. Internet. Bikes available. 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms. Sleeps 8 to 10 people, including up to 6 children.
- Private Pool
|28 / 06 / 2014 - 30 / 08 / 2014||€ 2415|
Security Deposit: € 150.00
Prices are per week and includes linen and towels as well as internet
The villa is located near the village of Roujan, close to Pezenas between the mountains and the coast in a quiet environment yet within a short drive to lively villages. The property enjoys panoramic open views and the nearest neighbour is a few kilometres away.
Access to the villa is via a small private lane; no other vehicles use this driveway so you have real privacy. The only sound is the buzzing of the cicadas in the heat of summer afternoons.
The village of Roujan is a pretty and bustling working village surrounded by vineyards and only 20 minutes from Mediterranean resorts and beaches, or the peaceful foothills of the National Park of the Cevennes.
Roujan has a good selection of restaurants and bars and enough local shops to keep you supplied with bread,meat, cheese,wine and all the other daily necessities.The house is just 2km from all amenities.
The villa is 2km from the village of Roujan, a small but lively typical south of France village.
All the usual amenities are here including a bakery,
grocery shops,a bank and post office, as well as a doctor,a dentist,a pharmacy and two petrol stations.
There are many wine domains in the area which offer free tastings of the different local wines.
The Languedoc region is also famous for its fine food,with typical cafes and restaurants serving traditional dishes.
The little town of Pezenas only 12km away has larger shops and supermarkets. Take a walk in the narrow streets and discover antiques and handicraft shops, cafes and restaurants.
Pezenas is also famous for being the home of Moliere, one of France's greatest playwrites. Moliere spent part of his life in Pezenas, writing and playing his comedies for Prince de Conti or in Versailles before King Louis XIV.
A 20 minutes' drive will take you to the sandy Mediterranean beaches of the seaside resorts of Sete, Serignan, Valras or Cap d'Agde.
The Lac du Salagou is a beautiful lake only 15 minutes away.Here you may swim or enjoy water sports, or picnic under the trees.Venture a little further into the mountain region of the Cevennes National park to enjoy walks in the natural rugged countryside.
The region is rich in lovely villages or little towns,such as Clermont-l'Herault, or historical cities such as Beziers and Montpellier, 70km away.
Spain is only 1.5 hours away by motorway.
Southern France has its own micro-climate and enjoys long sunny days in the summer, averaging 300 days of sunshine a year.
There are more shops and supermarkets 10 minutes' drive away in Pezenas which is a local hub for shopping, restaurants and culture.
This individual stone-built villa is in a peaceful location on a hillside amidst the vineyards and has been entirely restored and re-decorated.
It was built by a stone mason during the 1950's who incorporated traditional materials throughout, including natural stone, terracotta floor tiles and wooden beams as lintels over the doors and windows. This means that the villa has all the advantages of a more modern property, having light, spacious airy rooms, but all the character and charm associated with an older French house.
It is very artistically decorated and furnished and provides excellent comfortable accommodation in a very peaceful environment.
Once you have climbed a few steps to enter, the accommodation is mainly on one level and comprises a well-equipped kitchen,an attractive living area, three bedrooms, all very prettily decorated, 2 bathrooms and 3 WC.
It has a large enclosed garden (9000 m2) with a wide variety of trees and Mediterranean plants: olive, almond, pomegranate trees and your very own fresh Herbes de Provence!
The property has a private swimming pool and a lovely furnished veranda which overlooks the pool and garden.
Situated close to the village of Roujan with all the usual amenities.
Large enclosed garden of 9000m2 with terrace and BBQ, shaded by a pergola.
Swimming pool : 10m x 5m pool is between 1m and 2m deep and is equipped with a certified safety alarm. The water temperature varies between 25 to 30 degrees celsius throughout the summer.
Parking: large private parking area for 10 or more vehicles.
10 mountain bikes of varying sizes for children and adults are available for guests' use.
Linen and towels extra.
Mid-stay linen extra.
Baby equipment - cot, highchair are provided.
Guard rails for beds.
Pool towels extra.
Visited by one of our team in. Highly recommended.
"This property is one of our favourites, a very pretty house, super location and lots of space, it really does have it all!"
- Kitchen - fully equipped with oven, American fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, coffee maker and highchair.
- Utility room - washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron, vacuum cleaner.
- 2 bathrooms - one with a bath (ensuite to double bedroom) and one with a shower (off hallway).
- 3 WCs, one in each bathroom plus a separate one off the hallway.
- Bedrooms - 3 bedrooms :
- - 1 with a queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a bath and shower over, washbasin, WC and bidet.
- - 1 with 2 single beds which can be put together to make one large double bed if required.
- The 2 double rooms have French windows with access to the veranda.
- - 1 with 2 bunk beds and 2 pull-out beds, so 4 children could sleep here comfortably and up to 6 if required.
- This room has French windows with access to the front of the house; there is a grille for security.
- Portable fans in each room.
- Large living room with TV, DVD & CD player and internet.
- Descend a few steps from living room into:
- Dining room - seating for 8; French windows onto terrace.
- Fireplace with wood burning stove.
- Mezzanine area/TV room; with a television set and a sofa which could be used as an extra bed. Accessed by a fairly steep staircase from living room.
- Very light and airy veranda, with panoramic views over the swimming pool, garden and surrounding countryside.
- 10 mountain bikes of varying sizes for the use of guests, including baby/child seats.
- Private parking.
- Central heating for winter rentals.